Friday, September 5, 2014

ECU Chamber Singers - Good Night, Dear Heart





There's a magic here that didn't exist yesterday when I first clicked on it.



But something about it has caught my attention and I can't push it to the back of my mind when I search for other potential songs RC may sing this year.



Yet this magic has been accumulating bit by bit, slowly, softly, unknowingly. And now when I look at the score properly ... wow. There's just such a powerfully poignant air to it.



RC is still immature. And this song is not particularly difficult in terms of the words or music notes or even structure.



It's the music - the phrases - the message - that's overflowing from this clip of the ECU Chamber Singers - an outburst of emotion - of tears and love, of ages gone, of hope despite sorrow, of faith despite grief and pain, of warm sunny skies despite the darkness and empty vortex of losing a dear dear friend.



Good Night, Dear Heart.



Hope we shall do you justice.



No matter what may happen this year, I will find a way to make it work and make you prouder than ever before, beyond your wildest imagination. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment