Monday, May 26, 2014

Motivational Minute #27 - How to Reach Unknown Potential



20140526 2710

My hero Nick again - saviour of the day as always.

--
"Sure, maybe I can't do what you can do, but I know I am reaching out for my full potential."

"If you think you've reached your full potential, you haven't. Because you still have tomorrow. There's always something new that you can learn today and tomorrow. Grow in different ways."

"What can you do now?"

"Until you learn to do your best with what you have, you will never reach your full potential."

--

Still reflecting about his Motivational Minute a couple days back, about having the courage to fail. And courage being the strength that overrides all the fear to give you strength to - JUST. TRY. ANYWAY.

Real deep stuff, but strangely I feel so empowered by his simple words. Simple words that I've heard in a different context, by a different speaker, spoken differently. But when it comes from Nick's mouth, it just has this. Magic. to it. This unknown quality, this. This. ... this. um. Down to earth. Heartiness. Empathy. Poignant. I can't find the right word. It's just like bam. And then suddenly I find myself tearing up and thinking how bitchy I've been acting lately. So what if I'm not as good as my classmates? So what if I have to retake? It's not the end of the road, the light at the end of the tunnel hasn't diminished. It's just a different route there perhaps.

Really makes you think on your toes and keeps you on edge hmm... what can I do now?

Make the best of what I've got.

Have the courage to try, even though I'm afraid.

Overcome my fears, and convince myself that I can become the person I wanna be.

I have this perhaps dumb habit of not openly sharing my thanks to the people I wanna thank ... but cheers to everyone who's uplifted me and rooted for me all the way through in these dark dark days. Really owe my life to you guys.

Really, thanks from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment